Years of Experience:
Ideal Start Date:
About the Company
It’s 2030… and what an incredible ride it’s been! We’ve positively impacted humanity when it comes to work, alongside many other incredible people and companies who stepped up following the pandemic and worked collaboratively to usher in a new way of working together. We've become the home of meaningful work. Where culture-first companies build thriving teams made up of highly aligned, conscious professionals. Our culture-matching algorithm means it’s easy to find the perfect work match.
Redefining work into something that's borderless, where people come together to work based on shared passion and enthusiasm. Teams are diverse, and opportunity is equal. A truly inclusive world of work that has a ripple effect into everyday lives the world over.
About the Job
Growmotely is looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions. We cultivate an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute, grow, and feel valued. As a Software Engineer at Growmotely, you’ll jump right in and work on projects that are important to our success. Our team collaborates with the rest of the company to execute on engineering projects that help Growmotely scale and move forward. Come join us and help build technology that is transforming the future of work!
We are currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced DevOps engineer to join our software engineering. We are looking for team members with a background in building and operating public facing applications to join Growmotely as a full-time member team.
We need someone who understands software development, but enjoys all the things necessary to improve deploying, monitoring and operating production services. We're continuously iterating on our software and infrastructure tooling in AWS. We’re looking to migrate our existing platform to cloud native/cloud first technologies.
A day in the life (the job responsibilities, what you’ll be doing, how we roll):
- Collaborate. With front end engineers, back end engineers, visual/interaction designers, and product owners to launch new features, iterate on existing features, and build world-class user experiences that are changing the future of work!
- Writing great software - as an integral part of the system engineering team, writing code is the job. You will be working closely as an integral member of our team to build a world-class application and platform, but providing all the cloud and automation magic that brings it to life is your passion. IaaC makes you smile. Automated deployments are your charge and focus on the team.
- Design, implement, and maintain a cost effective, highly available and scalable infrastructure on AWS
- Develop effective tooling to accelerate build and release management
- Creating or implementing tools to automate our systems and increase their security, availability, observability and performance
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with us even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives and room for growth in hopes that we can all thrive.
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying moderate to complex back end services and API's on AWS (Google and Azure experience are a strong plus but at least one full year on AWS).
- 3+ years experience writing system automation tools/scripts in BASH and Python
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI, or GitHub Actions
- Experience with Terraform or similar technologies to support fully automated infrastructure and code deployment.
- Experience with AWS network technologies, firewall, load balancers (NLB, ELB, and ALB), and Web Application Firewalls (WAF's)
- Experience with AWS and other performance/uptime monitoring and observability solutions
- Extensive experience with AWS API Gateway and deploying REST API's
- Experience with auto-scaling and high availability configurations and blue-green or canary type deployments.
- Experience with AWS Secrets Manager or another secure secrets management technology such as HashiCorp Vault.
- A computer science degree is preferred but not mandatory if you have the right stuff.
- Real-world experience building products for the public. Ideally, at least 2+ years.
- You should have deep experience contributing to and managing full-scale production applications. We're a startup, and everyone from the CTO down will be taking on-call rotations. The whole team is here to help; our aspiration is NoOps, but we're realists.
- You have outstanding English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and efficient.
- Prior experience working and collaborating remotely.
- Desire to build and be part of a fun, high performing software engineering team.
- Collaboratively independent. Collaborating with teammates as needed yet with the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Eager to build and be part of a fun, high performing software engineering team.
- Experience in an early-stage startup environment.
- Experience building a SaaS product.
- Experience re-architecting monolithic back end services and API's as modern cloud-native microservices.
- Experience deploying .net Core applications on AWS
- Angular and/or Flutter experience
- This is a full time remote position. Weekdays are preferred so we can collaborate, but getting the job done is our focus. Ideally, you will typically work a good portion of your core hours during 9 am - 5 pm CST (UTC -6) - this role is entirely remote, but we want to collaborate!
- A computer capable of running a full suite of dev tools for development and testing.
- High speed and reliable internet capable of running Google Meet / Zoom or similar meeting software and supporting access to development tools and cloud infrastructure.
- High quality headset with microphone
- A quiet and comfortable workspace - cafe's and co-work spaces are fine, as is your tree fort so long as we can hear each other when we're collaborating. This is where that quality headset really helps!