Years of Experience:
Ideal Start Date:
About the Company
It’s 2030… and what an incredible ride it’s been! We’ve positively impacted humanity when it comes to work, alongside many other incredible people and companies who stepped up following the pandemic and worked collaboratively to usher in a new way of working together. We've become the home of meaningful work. Where culture-first companies build thriving teams made up of highly aligned, conscious professionals. Our culture-matching algorithm means it’s easy to find the perfect work match.
Redefining work into something that's borderless, where people come together to work based on shared passion and enthusiasm. Teams are diverse, and opportunity is equal. A truly inclusive world of work that has a ripple effect into everyday lives the world over.
About the Job
Growmotely is looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions. We cultivate an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute, grow, and feel valued. As a Software Engineer at Growmotely, you’ll jump right in and work on projects that are important to our success. Our team collaborates with the rest of the company to execute on engineering projects that help Growmotely scale and move forward. Come join us and help build technology that is transforming the future of work!
We are currently seeking to fill multiple software engineering positions on our front-end team. We are looking for team members with a background in building and deploying Angular applications to join Growmotely as a full-time member of our system engineering team.
A day in the life (the job responsibilities, what you’ll be doing, how we roll):
- Collaborate. With back end engineers, visual/interaction designers, other front end engineers, devops engineers and product owners to launch new features, iterate on existing features, and build world-class user experiences that are changing the future of work!
- Writing great software - as an integral part of the system engineering team, writing code is the job. We’re currently running on Angular 9.x (we’re preparing to upgrade), Typescript, HTML, CSS, etc. You will be working closely with our back end team to build a world-class application and platform, but the front end is your primary domain.
- You will regularly interact with internal and external users to understand their needs and create solutions using fast iterations and prototyping in a highly collaborative way.
- You are product-first over tech-perfection, prioritizing "shipping working code to users and getting feedback" over "getting the tech just right." The tech and getting it right is essential, but you understand that "perfection is the enemy of good enough."
- Being relentlessly curious about modern cloud-native options (e.g., AWS, Lambda, Serverless framework, observability, Kubernetes, dockers, RDS, etc.). You won’t rest on your laurels, you are always looking for ways to improve your skills and the platform you are working on.
- Focus on creating software that is clean, readable, scalable, robust, testable, easy to maintain, and easily deployed.
- Being systems minded while still delivering real value to both internal and external users.
- You are learning new things and love it -- every day! We are relentlessly curious!
- Very few meetings. We're entirely remote and distributed and try to keep the need for meetings to as few as possible.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with us even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives and room for growth in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Angular expert with 3-5 years of experience building and deploying moderate to complex applications, with referenceable deployments (Expert in Typescript / JS, HTML, and CSS)
- Experience working alongside UI/UX designers and transforming Photoshop PSD’s to usable code that looks amazing! (i.e. Pixel perfect PSD to HTML5 & CSS3)
- Extensive experience using REST APIs and familiarity with GraphQL APIs.
- Experience and proven ability to write readable code and useful documentation to go along with your code.
- Experience with test driven development, you won’t shy away from writing meaningful tests and working with your test engineer!
- Extensive experience creating REST API's and familiarity with building GraphQL API's. You know when to use each.
- Proficient experience writing applications that implement relevant user access controls and writing secure code. You love the results of a good pentest and the challenge of keeping the bad guys out.
- Proficiency in working with version control (GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket).
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum / Kanban preferred).
- Familiarity with modern open-source thinking and tools (git, continuous builds, continuous deployment, etc.).
- A computer science degree is preferred but not mandatory if you have the right stuff.
- Real-world experience building products for the public. Ideally, at least 2+ years.
- You should have deep experience contributing to and managing full-scale production applications. We're a startup, and everyone from the CTO down will be taking on-call rotations. The whole team is here to help; our aspiration is NoOps, but we're realists.
- You have outstanding English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and efficient.
- Prior experience working and collaborating remotely.
- Desire to build and be part of a fun, high performing software engineering team.
- Collaboratively independent. Collaborating with teammates as needed yet with the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Eager to build and be part of a fun, high performing software engineering team.
- Node JS and other back end experience
- Familiar with AWS, Google Firebase, GCP
- Real-world experience building products offered to the public.
- Experience building shared libraries/widgets for use across multiple teams and products or shared user experiences across web and mobile products.
- Experience building a design library/language with lead UI/UX
- Experience in an early-stage startup environment.
- Experience building a SaaS product.
- Flutter experience
- This is a full time remote position. Weekdays are preferred so we can collaborate, but getting the job done is our focus. Ideally, you will typically work a good portion of your core hours during 9 am - 5 pm CST (UTC -6) - this role is entirely remote, but we want to collaborate!
- A computer capable of running a full suite of dev tools for development and testing.
- High speed and reliable internet capable of running Google Meet / Zoom or similar meeting software and supporting access to development tools and cloud infrastructure.
- High quality headset with microphone
- A quiet and comfortable workspace - cafe's and co-work spaces are fine, as is your tree fort so long as we can hear each other when we're collaborating. This is where that quality headset really helps!